Subject: Re: CrossFade
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 02:22:15 PST

John Gross Writes>
>> Does anyone know of an easy way to cross fade one sequence of frames to
>> another? Perhaps using ADPro, FrEd, MultiFrame or something like that?
>>
>LightWave!
>Put one seq in Foreground, one in BG and use a Foreground Fade Envelope
>to control the transition.
>
>JG

	Actually, I just used this methodology and it was slightly less than
perfect.

	To whit, on a 30frame dissolve, there was a little "kick" at frames
28 or 29, at which the dissolve became , uh, non-smooth.  YMMV.

	I have had good luck producing dissolves with ADPro and the Compositor
tool in FRED, but then you lose the splining option.  OTOH, it looks better.
>

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\      Or else!         |                                  *
***********************************************************************